"How do you have so much fun?"

• That's funny; it sounded as if you were hinting at that those players would leave their chill rooms to actually play.

are you talking about td or dm rooms?

How many years do you actually need to master a jump (as if someone actually does that in those rooms)?

yes ppl do do tricks in those rooms if im not blind for the last few years i've seen majority of the rooms i've joined to be actual jump not afk rooms? at least for td rooms idk abt dm

• are you talking about td or dm rooms?

yes ppl do do tricks in those rooms if im not blind for the last few years i've seen majority of the rooms i've joined to be actual jump not afk rooms? at least for td rooms idk abt dm

I only talk about st2 jump rooms i never join anything else

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zeke: also is implying he only talks about st2 but he meant td in general, idk. ().

• yes ppl do do tricks in those rooms if im not blind for the last few years i've seen majority of the rooms i've joined to be actual jump not afk rooms? at least for td rooms idk abt dm

They may do tricks but I refuse to believe they are actually "mastering" anything. They are just killing time there.

• No ? It's called training, you know its like real life You mastering things at training so you can do it for your competitions.

Sooo what stops you from doing it in actual match? It is not like FM mode doesn't exists, you know in case you care about stat that much.

• Sooo what stops you from doing it in actual match? It is not like FM mode doesn't exists, you know in case you care about stat that much.

Cancer players crying because you trying to improve oyurself while they want someone to carry them already ? So being kicked in the first 5 minutes i guess ?

• You earned it :thumbup:

zzZlUpD.gif

Next time try to understand what you are reading :D

What I read was you complaining vaguely about the kick vote system and weapon restrictions in room titles.

You can't really complain that somebody would misinterpret your vague statement.

But I guess it's more fun to stay as vague and general as possible so that people will interpret what you say in a way that suits them. In the meantime, you're not saying anything of value. Be more specific, or don't complain that I guess (intentionally) wrong on what you really mean to say.

They may do tricks but I refuse to believe they are actually "mastering" anything. They are just killing time there.

So, can you please list all of the jumps that you've learned in your 8000 or so hours of playing "real" games?

Your "it's better to practice against real players" argument doesn't apply in the case where somebody can't even do the thing they want to practice when nobody is bothering them. You need to get a lot of things right before you can make actual use of a technique. Which camera angle is the best, and getting the sequence of actions right in the first place, and you learn that from repeating it non-stop for up to several hours. And you need to be calm and focused to figure those out. Getting killed and having to help your team gets in the way of that practice.

First, you practice in a safe environment, then you start raising the stakes. That's how people learn pretty much EVERYTHING.

• Sooo what stops you from doing it in actual match? It is not like FM mode doesn't exists, you know in case you care about stat that much.

so do you want to find a match where everyone tries to kill you and disrupting you doing every single jump? and jump rooms are usually fm anyway what makes you think that is there for? its for jump rooms/ppl who cares abt win/loss w.e the case is

First, you practice in a safe environment, then you start raising the stakes. That's how people learn pretty much EVERYTHING.

see he gets it

• So, can you please list all of the jumps that you've learned in your 8000 or so hours of playing "real" games?

You don't even need to know any jumps to play the game except maybe the most basic one for st2 in particular. There are easier ways to score.

so do you want to find a match where everyone tries to kill you and disrupting you doing every single jump?

What do you need those jumps for if you can't use them in a hostile environment?

• What do you need those jumps for if you can't use them in a hostile environment?

why do you bother trying something you've never done before and telling other to do it perfectly when those who've mastered it can barely do it themselves?why cant we get jump rooms to make it like 70% success rate and then go into a real match to test out the jumps you've practiced so it would actually have some success instead of trying hopelessly,slipping 99% of the time?you're like telling a 7yr old kid to go do some doctoring works and telling him to fully cure the sickness of the patient,what do you expect from that?why dont you send the kid to school,get some knowledge first then do the doctoring works instead of sending him to kill the patient instead of curing him?

• why cant we get jump rooms to make it like 70% success rate and then go into a real match to test out the jumps you've practiced so it would actually have some success instead of trying hopelessly,slipping 99% of the time?

Except no one does that in those rooms and even if so how many years do you need to practice that jump? And even if you actually master it, you will still fail tons of times because of outside factors.

• Except no one does that in those rooms

Wrong. Just yesterday, I went to a jump room to practice a certain jump and there were people practicing jumps.

You don't even need to know any jumps to play the game except maybe the most basic one for st2 in particular. There are easier ways to score.

I don't wanna go all ad hominem on you but saying this doesn't help your point. You're trying to tell us that it's better to practice jumps in actual games and then you admit that you don't bother with practicing jumps. Can we conclude that you don't really know what you're talking about?

Unless your argument is that jumps aren't necessary so practicing them is useless and people should just stop trying to bother with complicated jumps altogether, which is all kinds of wrong in itself.

I'm not the best guy at jumping myself (mostly a DM player), though lately I've been trying to improve, but what I do know for sure, is that every air hugger I know, myself included, have practiced airhugging in private or jump rooms before trying themselves in real matches. And every single people who I've seen try to learn the basics of airhugging in a real match instead has either given up or switched to practice rooms. You can't practice anything while you're dead and waiting to respawn.

• Except no one does that in those rooms and even if so how many years do you need to practice that jump? And even if you actually master it, you will still fail tons of times because of outside factors.

thats what the practice is for.reducing the chances of failing and perfecting it.why do you think circus performers trained for 10+yrs and still is training?

• There is difference between practicing and doing only jump rooms all the time.

It makes you looks like some grandpa irl who is trying to master running on old age if you are s4 rank and you still need to train.

• There is difference between practicing and doing only jump rooms all the time.

It makes you looks like some grandpa irl who is trying to master running on old age if you are s4 rank and you still need to train.

yeah if you're s4 rank you dont need to train?i've been s4 on multiple accounts and i dont even know how to do half the jumps but im good at hitting ppl from doing the jumps,so am i not a master?it makes no sense for all the s4 rank players to know all the jumps and doing it perfectly.there is playstyle difference for each individuals you're just grading everyone into 1 single group which is super trick tryhard jumpers.s4 rank doesnt mean you know everything in the game.its simply a rank it does not show your experience or inexperience on the game.what would you say if you were to go away for 2 years and comes back on an s4 rank account?would you not join a jump room to get the rust off?or would you join one to see how much rusty you've gotten over the years of not playing s4? ranks means nothing.i can tell you that.i've met dozens of real amateurs who can do jumps better than me,am i not supposed to be s4 rank now?why cant ppl only do jump rooms all the time?its a game,purpose of a game is to let ppl entertain themselves by playing it,they can do what they like to in any game,why do you want to put a limiter on the entertainment they get from just jumping?they're not harming the game they're just simply trying to have some nice time in their day and you're going to say no to that?pls just let the jumpers be.they like jumping so let them be its not like exp has anything to do with the game like an mmorpg.its just some exp for almost nothing other than having some minor rewards for jokes since they'll almost never use it

• You can do that while playing. I mean, how long are you going to need those help wheels before you start driving a bike?

Also I hate to spoil it for you but killing stuff > jumping

dont stick your personal preference on others.every person has their own way of learning if doing it practically is your way so be it but dont say that will apply to every single person.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Xane ().

• dont stick your personal preference on others.every person has their own way of learning if doing it practically is your way so be it but dont say that will apply to every single person.

Ok, then. How about having special jump rooms but with no exp gain and forbid using regular rooms as jump rooms?

Lets see how many ppl will be willing to train if they are really not there just for the exp.

• Ok, then. How about having special jump rooms but with no exp gain and forbid using regular rooms as jump rooms?

Lets see how many ppl will be willing to train if they are really not there just for the exp.

better make it not level restricted and up the players and make it so that there is no alpha beta teams :) or make it have alpha beta and another neutral team so ppl can learn to recover as well :) i bet there will be more than u expect.

• better make it not level restricted and up the players and make it so that there is no alpha beta teams :) or make it have alpha beta and another neutral team so ppl can learn to recover as well :) i bet there will be more than u expect.

Ok, I will be glad to be proven wrong but so far there is no way to know until it actually happens.

• The only people that would keep training with 0 exp/pen would be the hardcore ones, it is a fact that jump rooms are mostly made for exp/pen farming without risking yourself

so because of the ppl whos farming now you're going to deny players in the future not having the ability to do jump rooms?why not just implement a way to stop the farmers instead of completely killing off jump rooms?

• Oh Practice mode, why do the hardcore jumpers not pay attention to you? You have St-2 solo mode, and they can practice while being fired at by sentry guns (which would be a bit more realistic since you'd be fired at in game when you try to do those jumps). There're quite a few maps to practice on in that mode, and there's no farming involved.

Also preforming an action in safety is one thing, but doing it again when it counts is much different. No matter how many times one practices a jump in the safety of the jump rooms, it won't prepare them for real games where we have snipers and possibly bomb counters & melee opposition.

I'm an OS player, and I use practice mode to try unique or strange melee setups. I use it to practice proper timing of the combos, and I can get pretty good at it, but then in real games I often fail them because there's the factor of "other players opposing me". I have to rush, and I don't have that same feeling of safety as I do in practice. It's the same for jumps, and so if jumpers really want to practice jumps they should get some friends, and make locked rooms where they can do practice drills or something. Like take turns practicing a jump while one of the others tries to snipe them for example.

• can someone tell me your definition of jump room "farming"?what do you guys consider as "farming" instead of jumping/playing

Not playing the objective of the mode (scoring tds and defending in TD etc) is pretty much farming to me.

AFK farming is a different thing though.

• Not playing the objective of the mode (scoring tds and defending in TD etc) is pretty much farming to me.

AFK farming is a different thing though.

this is why there is a rule that allows jump rooms to be made..coz of ppl like you who cant stand others playing in a diff manner and situation

• this is why there is a rule that allows jump rooms to be made..coz of ppl like you who cant stand others playing in a diff manner and situation

Not playing the objective is considered farming in any other game. Just because it is allowed it doesn't mean it is not farming.

• That's simply because S4 League lacks a skirmish mode (A mode without objective and reduced match rewards). You have to decide between playing with annoying sentry guns that respawn within seconds after destruction or players who body block, stalk or hit you.

• It makes you looks like some grandpa irl who is trying to master running on old age if you are s4 rank and you still need to train.

Hearing that from you, the irony. But seriously though.

Firstly, I don't think you understand what kind of game you're playing. You're never going to "master" s4 league, there is a lot to learn even for people who have played a fair amount.

Secondly, there is value in practicing a jump that has no applicable use in an actual match. It's fun in itself. S4 league is a game, why would you take issue in people enjoying the game the way they want in their own rooms, where it is impossible for them to have any impact on your playing experience?

I don't know if you're familiar with Super Smash Bros, but every year a combo tournament takes place as part of the Super Smash C0n (seriously Aeria please disable that damned censor bot), with an actual prize pool, and many viewers. The combos that are showcased are generally 100% impossible to pull off in a real game (due to the use of items and the fact that those combos are needlessly complicated), and can only be done in the training mode.

There is value in that. If not, nobody would be interested in viewing or sponsoring that tournament. RIght now tough there are 880k views on last year's.

It's the same with s4 league, some people just like to do cool jumps (there are plenty of videos too) and there is value in that. Don't be so narrow minded.

• That's simply because S4 League lacks a skirmish mode (A mode without objective and reduced match rewards). You have to decide between playing with annoying sentry guns that respawn within seconds after destruction or players who body block, stalk or hit you.

I agree that this can be worked out.

Maybe they can just make it possible to run the maps alone with no enemies.

• Not playing the objective is considered farming in any other game. Just because it is allowed it doesn't mean it is not farming.

what exactly are ppl farming?exp?lol?those who are in jump rooms prob dont even care about exp they just want to jump.the rewards arent even good either so what exactly are you talking about this farming thing?what are they farming?

• I don't use any flashy tricks for any of my matches.. I know a couple of things here and there, but i deem most unnecessary. I keep my movement simple, making it easier for me to take on my opponents and I have a simple counter for about anything I come up to. Is it perfect? Nah! But with my tactics, it works nicely. <3

• I don't use any flashy tricks for any of my matches.. I know a couple of things here and there, but i deem most unnecessary. I keep my movement simple, making it easier for me to take on my opponents and I have a simple counter for about anything I come up to. Is it perfect? Nah! But with my tactics, it works nicely. <3

I can't say the same. I love creating strange and unique melee combos in OS that make other ppl go "wth". It's so much fun especially when it starts a trend. Then I also like to enter Unlimited from time to time with full melee. It can be a challenge but it's not half bad in DM sometimes. xD

The custom combos don't work out all of the time, but they're what keeps my interest in the game sparked.