"How do you have so much fun?"

• In my head, I would like a target based room where there are regenerating moving and still targets in each map type. You can both get used to the map surroundings as well attack targets. They should be affected by various attacks, like having some made to see how mind-shock works. Maybe an option to make healing targets to train heals too. The targets can be a simple glowing ball so it's not hard to make. It's a rough thought but I think It would be nice.

• People are complaining about jump rooms ? There was a time when 30-40% rooms where "Chill rooms" and s4 felt like Habbo or Club Penguin. I'm glad that this trend died over the time. One thing that annoys me is that there is way to much waiting til rooms are starting to play.

• I can sort of understand the rail gun restriction here and there, and the no heal/ms (though with that restriction I prefer it because me with a few healers can be OP <3) but some restrictions are there only to ensure they can win without effort. How are people even considering themselves good at the game when a simple Cannonadier can just wipe you out with rookie-level skills >:

yeah, some people use them just so they can braindead win

id personally only block off stuff that i find obnoxious (boots, rail and by proxy of rail ban anch) since i just flat out hate dealing with them and maybe heals and bombs depending on my mood

• People are complaining about jump rooms ? There was a time when 30-40% rooms where "Chill rooms" and s4 felt like Habbo or Club Penguin. I'm glad that this trend died over the time. One thing that annoys me is that there is way to much waiting til rooms are starting to play.

Chill rooms never died. All that changed is they use "Jump Room" as their title instead, and they still just chill. Every time I've ever joined one people were either afking or chatting. I'd end up getting bored and leaving their room unless someone wants to duel in one.

Well jump rooms are a nice things, it allows you to improve yourself without being bothered, so i don't think there is any problem with that.

And for the jump room in mode like DM it's BS but they're not bothering anyone, most of the time they're only speaking together, so unless they're annyoing people that are really playing i don't have problem with them, they stay in their rooms and that's all fine.

But a majority of the rooms that aren't St-2 "CPD No F" are Jump rooms. Those players aren't "Playing". If they want to chat, they should just whisper each other, or make a private locked room and chat their without starting a game. Or use something like Discord etc. If they're not logging in to play, then why bother coming in"? It's a game, and not a social media app.

• But a majority of the rooms that aren't St-2 "CPD No F" are Jump rooms. Those players aren't "Playing". If they want to chat, they should just whisper each other, or make a private locked room and chat their without starting a game. Or use something like Discord etc. If they're not logging in to play, then why bother coming in"? It's a game, and not a social media app.

Yeah. i feel like some ppl are using s4 as 3D chat.

Maybe it is not a bad idea if we finally get a world hub or something for the ppl just to chat and jump.

• Yeah. i feel like some ppl are using s4 as 3D chat.

Maybe it is not a bad idea if we finally get a world hub or something for the ppl just to chat and jump.

Or maybe a club room / clan hub? There could be sets of decorations where the clan leader could choose one decoration from each set to display in the clan hub, and the clan could reach milestones/achievements to unlock new sets of decorations that change different parts of the clan hub. That way, you could see the progression of the clan while still making one maxed out clan's hub look different compared to another maxed out clan's hub.

Either way, some kind of chat hub could be cool. If it wouldn't be tied to clans, then maybe it could work like a separate server channel where instead of choosing a room you would just be dropped into a big world hub. Maybe there could be hidden lore hints in there as well? We'd probably need to drop the p2p system for that though.

• Or maybe a club room / clan hub? There could be sets of decorations where the clan leader could choose one decoration from each set to display in the clan hub, and the clan could reach milestones/achievements to unlock new sets of decorations that change different parts of the clan hub. That way, you could see the progression of the clan while still making one maxed out clan's hub look different compared to another maxed out clan's hub.

Either way, some kind of chat hub could be cool. If it wouldn't be tied to clans, then maybe it could work like a separate server channel where instead of choosing a room you would just be dropped into a big world hub. Maybe there could be hidden lore hints in there as well? We'd probably need to drop the p2p system for that though.

Yeah sure. But most ppl will be there just for the exp.

• I wouldn't mind a jump mode with no exp and pen attached to it if it provides basic necessities for jumping, like instant respawn and the ability to create a checkpoint somewhere so that you don't have to walk back every time. But if it doesn't, then I don't think it's fair to people who actually use those rooms for jumping like I used to when I frequented them. They get better at playing the game, so their exp and pen gain should reflect that.

• I wouldn't mind a jump mode with no exp and pen attached to it if it provides basic necessities for jumping, like instant respawn and the ability to create a checkpoint somewhere so that you don't have to walk back every time. But if it doesn't, then I don't think it's fair to people who actually use those rooms for jumping like I used to when I frequented them. They get better at playing the game, so their exp and pen gain should reflect that.

You may get "better" but is not the same as participating in real game. You will never become good without playing in actual matches with people trying to stop you.

So if we have to be objective, the exp gain should still be much lower compared to real matches.

• You may get "better" but is not the same as participating in real game. You will never become good without playing in actual matches with people trying to stop you.

So if we have to be objective, the exp gain should still be much lower compared to real matches.

Then people would still create normal match with a jump room title

• Unfortunately in order for those farm rooms to disappear they'd have to change the way EXP/PEN gain works. I mean in a DM farm all everyone has to do is get 1 kill, and then everyone's set to get the EXP cap for that mode. I believe this holds true in all modes except Chaser because it's the only mode where everyone gets points. In Chaser only the person in 1st place gets the exp cap.

In DM they could have it set that you gain a small amount of EXP like 50 per kill kind of like the coin buff, and also 25 per assist, but they could also keep the EXP cap based on how long the games been playing for. This would prevent people from making 10 minute rooms to get insane amounts of EXP.

In TD they could do something similar, but also make scoring, and assist give more EXP & PEN (Like 100).

Also we could have suicide hurt the EXP/PEN gain, (I'll admit i'm just salty about suicides).

While this all wouldn't stop people from making farm rooms at least they couldn't go AFK after 1 kill and call it a day. They'd still have to be active in game.

• In order to enforce a ban of all jump rooms there would have to be several active GMs in game at all times. We once had a thing where we were to stop all farm rooms and all the players would do is make a new room and keep trying until it works.. Some people just go to the inactive servers with no GM presence. There is no way to enforce a ban of all jump rooms.

• In order to enforce a ban of all jump rooms there would have to be several active GMs in game at all times. We once had a thing where we were to stop all farm rooms and all the players would do is make a new room and keep trying until it works.. Some people just go to the inactive servers with no GM presence. There is no way to enforce a ban of all jump rooms.

Thats easy to solve, give those people 3 chances, after that its a 1 day ban, then a 3 day ban, and by the third time its perma ban.
    Because in the end, thats the only true thing that keeps players on every online game in check, baning.

• You may get "better" but is not the same as participating in real game. You will never become good without playing in actual matches with people trying to stop you.

Sometimes players just kind of stagnate and aren't getting any better by playing games normally, and that's when they benefit a lot from learning new techniques. If the only way you have of getting better is real matches you're going to end up more often than not playing either in a very orthodox and unimpressive way, or just lame if you always go for the path of least resistance. So no, I don't agree at all, and there's nothing objective about your opinion. "people trying to stop you" isn't going to help you train your IWJs, and there are some things that you need to train alone before taking to a real game.

As a side note that's also why I generally love seeing good SO players try out unlimited. They come from a very different background and so they try to adapt what they know to that new environment and end up creating something unique in the process.

In DM they could have it set that you gain a small amount of EXP like 50 per kill kind of like the coin buff, and also 25 per assist, but they could also keep the EXP cap based on how long the games been playing for. This would prevent people from making 10 minute rooms to get insane amounts of EXP.

But then beginners would gain almost nothing except when playing against other beginners, and that would make them feel bad.

I don't understand why you all think farm rooms are an issue worth spending time solving. It's not like those people are going to play actual games instead, if they're farming they just don't wanna play, at least that's how I understand it. I don't quite understand the thought process myself, but nothing is lost, unless there is something I'm missing.

• Thats easy to solve, give those people 3 chances, after that its a 1 day ban, then a 3 day ban, and by the third time its perma ban.
    Because in the end, thats the only true thing that keeps players on every online game in check, baning.

That works if we couldn't make indefinite accounts.. we ban one.. they can just make another.

• Thats easy to solve, give those people 3 chances, after that its a 1 day ban, then a 3 day ban, and by the third time its perma ban.

or instead of potential hampering an already small playerbase, find a way to reduce or outright remove their pen/exp gains for a set period of time

you can still play, you just arent getting anything out of it

• only old timers OS ppl have fun in this game noone else

So called jump rooms (aka lazy azz exp pen farmers room) or (germa dirty or troll chat room) are kinda dead beefs

than there is all the glore duck ! who play 1 map 1 mode OS 24/7 and call them selfs pro (and most cant even aim with gun)

Some veterans give up and just make new account and beat up noobs on nowbie channel..

most newbies get put off the moment they see 99.9% of the game is just OS ST2 24/7 spam

in game that supose to be 3rd person shooter

(i wont mention the cash side of the game)

so onestly how this can be fun or inviting for any new player of S4 League.

Look on it a bit the community (i dont mean the ppl in forums so you all i mean those OS trolls who never come here) and the game right now just dosnt invite or lure anyone anymore..those who left are sick of it and newbies get easly put off by many cons..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Wlia ().

• you forgot the weapon limitation of the self called "pros" and the vote kick abuse... xD

• you forgot the weapon limitation of the self called "pros" and the vote kick abuse... xD

the weapon limit rooms (sometimes) wer ok if they had reasonable meaning and not today 500x rooms with

No heal no shock no F

as for vote kick abuse i seen many ppl that kick noobs becuase they wer noobs and played bad so yes thats another problem..

• I actually use jump rooms to practice jumps, and in those rooms that i've been in most people do use the rooms to practice jumps... but sure okay Foxtailgirl

• I actually use jump rooms to practice jumps, and in those rooms that i've been in most people do use the rooms to practice jumps... but sure okay Foxtailgirl

so basicaly you farm as well..but what ever..and i dont really belive you making that statement (that you really practice xD) anyway and what ppl what rooms ? i only found 90% just afk or trolls that kill you for ammusement.

But meybe it changed donno i stoped playing nearly over year now..but i gues good for you and good luck on those jumps than.

You sound like you tried to show up in an S5 room with full prems and it didn't go well for you.

This is not S5 issue there are many jerks on the game that do it just to insure victory or they simply yell on chat KICK THAT NOOB!! entire game...

• lets be real here.

The the jump rooms only serves as an excuse to get easy exp while doing something outside the game.

If people actually wanted to learn, there is no better teacher than playing the actual game. Not to mention the ppl who makes those rooms are usually veteran players. What else they have to learn from those jump rooms?

• lets be real here.

The the jump rooms only serves as an excuse to get easy exp while doing something outside the game.

If people actually wanted to learn, there is no better teacher than playing the actual game. Not to mention the ppl who makes those rooms are usually veteran players. What else they have to learn from those jump rooms?

learning to master the tricks? can you do every single trick in the book in 1 try without warm ups? whats wrong with jump rooms? its a place for ppl to practice and warm up their tricks on certain maps i dont see a problem with that

• learning to master the tricks? can you do every single trick in the book in 1 try without warm ups? whats wrong with jump rooms? its a place for ppl to practice and warm up their tricks on certain maps i dont see a problem with that

How many years do you actually need to master a jump (as if someone actually does that in those rooms)?

• learning to master the tricks? can you do every single trick in the book in 1 try without warm ups? whats wrong with jump rooms? its a place for ppl to practice and warm up their tricks on certain maps i dont see a problem with that

That's funny; it sounded as if you were hinting at that those players would leave their chill rooms to actually play.

• lets be real here.

I do not afk in jump rooms, i don't really care about XP gain and i have more than enough pen for what i need. When people want to farm exp and pen they make a "1 kill" siege room because that's what gives the most.

I guess you find it impossible that people actually like to jump around in jump rooms so there is not much for me to try to convince here, however keep your reality to yourself. Foxtailgirl