The return of old maps

• The sad thing is u can have a room full of pros and s4 ranks, change the map from st2 to literally anything else, and 75% of the room insta leave. Shows exactly the ppl that are trash

Sure ppl are trash because they enjoy playing st2 more than other maps...

Well I would like to see Old Moon back but I think it is gone forever because of the Treasure map.

I wouldn't mind seeing some new maps tho even if they are old ones like City Square, but I don't think even if we are going to get em this is not gonna happen soon.

• That's wrong for you. I'm a fellow DM player and I actually enjoy to play on all maps and I get to play on it from time to time

I don't consider it as wrong if I haven't actually seen one in at least 2 years.

Although, just because I haven't seen one, doesn't mean someone hasn't played on Treasure while I wasn't logged in :o

• Talking about not seeing maps, the BR mode is soo underused, I sometimes see 1 BR room thats waiting for players then gets shut down, I dont understand why, its a good FFA concept with short timed games :( sad

• Talking about not seeing maps, the BR mode is soo underused, I sometimes see 1 BR room thats waiting for players then gets shut down, I dont understand why, its a good FFA concept with short timed games :( sad

It is not worth joining exactly because it ends too fast.

Also it is not a very good mode either. It relies too much on luck like where you will spawn not to mention target steals.

• G a l l e o n though ;c Such an awesome map

I actually don't like that map much exactly for the reasons mentioned above. It is way too big and takes too long to get from one side to another. The target may change several times just while you are trying to get to it.

If you like it, that is fine. However I would like to try the TD version of it just for variety.

• However I would like to try the TD version of it just for variety.

Yeah, I'd like that too. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen. The TD version of the map is just too messy, needless to say that it's even bigger than the BR one. Though the grand hall is just so beautiful. *o*

• It is not worth joining exactly because it ends too fast.

Also it is not a very good mode either. It relies too much on luck like where you will spawn not to mention target steals.

I don't agree with you on that, I think its an awesome mode and the short matches are not bad either, ofc if there would be like a 150pts after the 70pts, just to have the option for a bigger match would not hurt.

• Yeah, I'd like that too. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen. The TD version of the map is just too messy, needless to say that it's even bigger than the BR one. Though the grand hall is just so beautiful. *o*

DP2F6vV.jpg

That hall was actually in the current map as well and the map itself had the shape of a ship from the outside.

Later on they cut it out and removed the exterior of the ship as well. I guess it was to increase perfomance since those elements were oustide of the gameplay field anyway.

• Honestly, I am indifferent, they could probably silently re-add them and someone would post this topic again without realizing they were re-added. Pretty sure it took a solid month or so for people to realize some of them were gone to begin with...

• The sad thing is u can have a room full of pros and s4 ranks, change the map from st2 to literally anything else, and 75% of the room insta leave. Shows exactly the ppl that are trash

Sad true the so called PRO players in this game cant play anything else than this map in melle only .I dont want to say they are totaly bad but those excuses they make for other maps and especialy for guns are really just stupid..

• Sure ppl are trash because they enjoy playing st2 more than other maps...

Well I would like to see Old Moon back but I think it is gone forever because of the Treasure map.

I wouldn't mind seeing some new maps tho even if they are old ones like City Square, but I don't think even if we are going to get em this is not gonna happen soon.

That doesn't mean the map can't come back. The developers are not foolish enough to lose something they have created.

• Honestly I agree with you all, of course there are people that love st2 and only want to play it, but there is also a majority that likes to play all maps, like me and most of you guys, I am a melee player most of the time but I can enjoy guns sometimes aswell, bringing the old maps back would maybe, MAYBE, help giving the game some more time and I'm pretty sure newbies would like to try them out, since they'd be excited to see new maps. Of course those maps were removed cause they were unbalanced and full of bugs but they were still fun to play on so I seriously think devs should think about bringing them back, I mean, the game is already pretty messy so I don't really think it'd cause any harm.

• 4 DM rooms (all melle and Jump)of corse --- 1 BR 1 chaser (melle only) ---- massive pile of TD st2 (melle)as stupidly usual this game's community is really worthless -- il just waits till the game shuts down--

• 4 DM rooms (all melle and Jump)of corse --- 1 BR 1 chaser (melle only) ---- massive pile of TD st2 (melle)as stupidly usual this game's community is really worthless -- il just waits till the game shuts down--

DM died long ago. What bothers me is that Chaser got "killed" recently as well (by you know which wepon).

• Hmm, what if, instead of "crying" on the forums and wait for changes, why don't we unite, and try to make it different, I know many of you will say you have tried and it was pointless, but, if we unite together (forum community), which is still friendly/chill compared to the in game one, we could try to schedule some days that we all have time to be on and make our own room of whatever mode we want or, f.e, we make rooms of all the modes that aren't played (Siege, BR, Warfare), you get the idea...Thing is, we can make it work if we all work together, if we actually want we can make it happen, maybe saving the game isn't possible but we can still have fun, there's plenty people in here, if atleast half of them join we'll have more than 1 room with the modes that people miss or atleast want to try out again.

• I just want oldmoon back, it was the only decent chrismas map, also thy only good captain map as in the other two either people bug abuse, trow people off map and bring some shenanigans speed weapon like boots/handgun/dagger and keep running/hidding.

rustygarden... not sure why people want that map back, it was broken, you only needed one -bip- smart*** full of himself that knows the jumps and the match would be over in seconds.

So in that aspect, I would prefer for rusty garden to be remastered.

Actualy, this is pretty much the reason most people play chaser circle, td station-2 with meele and extreme limited weapons/rules. Because they are smart*** who problably play every other game on easy difficulty.

I mean, chaser circle meele so you can easily trow chaser off map.

Station-2 meele to have no hard issues into scoring.

Another example is also tunnel meele td, the most trash match type I have ever seen, I got lots of insults for wearing boots, but then the hypocrits of cpds simply use dagger boost speed and score, ence why you will see plenty of -bip- with pictures of them scoring while they are wearing dagger with their enemies far away.

Those are the easy maps/modes, in my time, people would enjoy circle-2 chaser unlimited because it was fun and insane especialy when the chaser had anchor or wings, or taking a round in the forest or temple.

I mean... just look at it, if you compare the most played maps with the others that arent used, you will see a pattern, most s4 players will always go with the most simple/easy/casual map.

And before some disclaimer that doesnt know me, comes quoting me, you should already know that people know me for not having dumb rules and hosting rotation map/mode rooms if I happen to be RM.

Also, some here seem very angry about the quantidy of meele rooms, while I do agree to some extent because the dumb -bip- devs have not put a way for us to list rooms by unlimited and yet the cancer spam can do it with meele, I remind you that most meele rooms with the exeption of chaser are also tiny compared to the unlimited rooms.

I just cant tell whats the fun in doing 2v2s all the time, but then again, we live in a time where -bip- think that mobas require more skill than rts games and that nowadays mmorpgs have rpg in them.

Heck, how many in the current active comunity has the big sack of Ba*** to host a 16 player room nowadays?

• Hm, you know me and I know you, so do not get annoyed by what I am about to write.

I agree with you, I know many people love rusty and so do I but, truth be said, the map was broken and it was only needed a decent TD'er to end the game easily. Remastering the map wouldn't be something easy and honestly I highly doubt it would happen, if we have a team of devs that barely care about launching new maps, imagine them trying to remaster old ones, yeah.

A private server, yes a private server, we all played those once sometime, and if you didn't, well, wait till S4 dies and you'll go to one eventually. Anyways, moving on, a private server, named S4Max, made a rework of rusty, they added lasers on the windows in order to make it harder but it didn't change anything, cause at the end the map is too tiny, that's why it would be hard to remaster it and possibly, at this point with the team we have, impossible.

Yeah, Tunnel is a pain the a** with cpd n f, but I honestly like it cause it makes it harder, if I play St2 or tunnel with boots, exo, br, you name it, it becomes either too easy cause the weapons have some op features or too hard cause the teams aren't unbalanced or there's a lagger, lots of other issues.

Moving on to the chaser maps, chaser is the only community that still does unlimited daily, I see, atleast 5 chaser rooms unlimited in office everyday, I remember playing Circle with guns too, it was fun cause it made no sense since the map was tiny for such thing, which made it funny to play on with different skills, I remember having a "wall" of like, idk, 4 blocks (?), all near a edge and the chaser struggling to hit us, it was fun, and if you make a unlimited room in circle, on the weekends, people will still join you.

I've played with you in the past, since we were clannies, truth be said, your rooms and their rules, which are none, are a heck of a pain in the a** for me, since I don't really like bomb nor sigma blade and weapons like that I struggle a lot to TD but hey, I understand that's what's needed to keep the game alive or atleast for everyone to enjoy so I didn't complain and kept playing.

Last year, before I was S4 rank, me and another player, we'd always, ALWAYS, every d*mn night, we'd make a TD room, one unlimited and one melee, so we could fit everyone's taste, and we'd rotate all the maps, friendly mode or not, it would depend on the people that joined. And personally I enjoyed it a lot, besides helping me winning a sh** tone of EXP easily, it was really fun since there was actually a challenge, there weren't just 3 or 4 players to head hoop and TD or juke, there were 6 and they'd actually help each other out.

Finally, I hate st2, in 6v6 with fair teams, it is fun, other than that it is just cancer, the amount of people that main St2 as their gameplay is just too d*mn high, but that's nothing new, I'm pretty sure atleast 55% of the community thinks like that when it comes to St2 and tunnel.

Sooooooooo, since we are from the same country do you wanna try making a change? We have a one hour difference but that's nothing if we talk to each other I am pretty sure we can manage something out, no hate please, I love you as a friend, didn't mean to make you mad or anything, I am just giving my opinion and trying to change something in the current game.

• This is turning offtopic, lets solve it on s4 discord or ingame before a GS or a GM come close this thread x)

ps: You are free to say your opinion and I dont mind planning a few matches, I am normaly on discord s4-eu chat, also I expected the bomb but not the sigma part. :D

Uhhh to get back on topic.

:Fumbi1:GIMME THY OLDMOON, ME WANTS OLDMOON BACK:!::Fumbi2:

• The Old Moon map is perfect, maybe the map needs textures with more definition quality.

It's S4 bro, every maps should be reworked.

(in my opinion, I love S4L textures, there are a lot of good games like Battlefield or Mass effect with amazing textures, we don't need that on S4L ;) )

Stephen Hawking died on Pi Day and Albert Einstein’s birthday to prove just what a mathematical genius he was.

black_hole_interstellar.jpg

• Except if it's for an event. But all the rooms are farm rooms sooo...

It was a really good map for guns tho, even if I'm a true sword player I'd love to back in time playing this great map with guns

Stephen Hawking died on Pi Day and Albert Einstein’s birthday to prove just what a mathematical genius he was.

black_hole_interstellar.jpg