Community Character Creation Event

• The facebook voting is fine because most of the S4 community isn't on the forums, but it does present a few problems. Like others have said, it's very easy to get your friends outside of the S4 community to vote for your design. Also the point system is a bit crazy since every heart gives you 10 points and a "like" only gives you 1 point. If you get all your friends to give you hearts, you can easily gain the lead with the smallest amount of votes. But I guess that's the name of the game when it comes to facebook.

Honestly I had more fun competing. I could care less if I win or loose. Being part of the contest and seeing all the entries is half the fun.

• I am not a fan of those community votings either simply because votes can be rigged so easily.

I guess it is fine to get a general idea of what ppl may like but I wouldn't use it as a deciding point.

• I wish Aeria's devs would of been the only judges. There's already one artists submission in particular that has 100 likes, and 79 hearts while everything else has almost nothing. Yeah..I suspect the "Hey friends, could you help me out" thing happened in that case just like with the other event we had recently. Facebook voting should of been left out of it.

• I agree, I like the feeling of competing, to put my designs up along with others, there were a lot of creative ideas out there.

I also agree the devs should be the only judges. Social media is good and all, but can also be incredibly biased.

Similar to what was stated above by Selket01, I'm not fussed if I lose.

Grats to whoever wins this, this competition got even harder. XD

Well I did. It's not good to post it on fb and let people vote. But to make things better they postet invalid entries, 2 sets in 1 picture (wanna know who voted for what set(basketball-,farmgirlset), a picture from google, forgot the fumbii set, edited the waitress set to 1 strange picture, forgot every set except 1 from hella, reduced 3 Pictures(3 views) from 1 set (1 Submission) to 1 picture (only front view) and maybe I would find more if I would take the time to look at the entries more...

"2 sets in 1 picture (wanna know who voted for what set(basketball-,farmgirlset)"

I also want to know that, I do not know why they put the 2 images in 1. :l

• I do not understand this situation. Why do people who didn't even send any entries to this thread, try to criticize "so badly" other people's drawing and saying that they didn't give any effort. Well then, please show us your skill. If a person can send here an entry, it means that person has enough skills and abilities to do it. Before you talk, think twice. Because it goes way waaay bad for you, some people are here just to write; meanless, purposeless write..

Wishing good luck to all entries, i see so many good drawin':saint:

• I wish Aeria's devs would of been the only judges. There's already one artists submission in particular that has 100 likes, and 79 hearts while everything else has almost nothing. Yeah..I suspect the "Hey friends, could you help me out" thing happened in that case just like with the other event we had recently. Facebook voting should of been left out of it.

As I don't really care whether I win or lose cuz I had fun in the event, I still have to agree with this! well-said.

• I do not understand this situation. Why do people who didn't even send any entries to this thread, try to criticize "so badly" other people's drawing and saying that they didn't give any effort. Well then, please show us your skill. If a person can send here an entry, it means that person has enough skills and abilities to do it. Before you talk, think twice. Because it goes way waaay bad for you, some people are here just to write; meanless, purposeless write..

And few people didnt give effort. Or do you believe that downloading picture from the internet and posting it here is very skillful? I don't think people are talking about artists that really drew their pictures,

I agree, no offence to all the other artists in this competition (Your all awesome ^^) but you can see it is easily rigged if they wanted to.

• I will freely admit, I do not put the level of effort in that some do. I can also admit I could do better. That said, it is concept art, and it is a contest in which only one victor will be crowned. Be it rotten attitude or whatever you'd like to call it, I see no point sitting here and doing countless hours of work to produce something on a maybe. Some people may be willing to, but I am not. I'd be lying if I said I didn't use outside sources under public domain (Public domain being a legal term for publicly made content to which the original author has legally acknowledged that they forgo their rights to their works and thereby permit them to be modified or reused in any way for anything whether it be commercial or non-commercially), for instance, my characters model (At least the body shape) came from a free to use archetype, done to purely make it decent, that said, that 2d outline is under public domain, and was loosely traced to ensure it looked correct and the proportions are correct. The clothing, hair, accessory, tattoos, etc... are done free handed. To me, that could be forgiven since it follows the spirit of the competition, though, if the rules are absolute, then it could potentially kill off many participants.

Now, it is clear that there is a lot of either partial or complete rip offs within the lineup of established characters, drawings, etc that if S4 were to produce, it would leave them wide open for both legal copyright and intellectual copyright lawsuits and issues. These are completely a different level. They are taking someone else's artwork and design, in whole, and reproducing it (Such as a simple recolor or outright tracing) or simply stealing it. The fact that they are in there is a joke, and one that at one point would have never happened. For instance:
    Wizard thing with a dragon

Space pirate with weird racoon
    There are a few others that look really familiar, but I am not going though trying to place them purely to make the point these 2 entries alone make.

As far as the facebook thing, I bet if I went to gleam IO, I could win that by offering a $10 steam wallet code by thousands of points ahead of the person who has a couple hundred friends backing them. It turns a design contest into a popularity contest and I don't think that is a fair thing to do, especially when I don't recall such a stipulation being originally mentioned in the original post.

• I also disagree with the community vote on facebook (it is very impartial), but I have read some comments in the forum saying things like "ask for help from friends to reach 100 likes", to be honest I do not have many friends ( 4 or 5) and I do not like that people who do not even know me say things like that, I really do not know where many votes come from. Also still waiting for the vote of the judges. That's it ... I wish you all the best, because I know that many of us want to make a mark in the game and this is the opportunity:thumbup:.

• Well all we can do is wait for this contest to be over and hope for the best. Although, it's a little annoying that it's taking a long time for the final results to be evaluated.

Didn't the contest end more than a week ago? lol

I've already come to terms that I've probably not come in the top 3, I'm just glad I tried and managed to share some of my art work with you all.

Going to continue being creative and continue working on my comic projects, S4 Manga being one of them. I hope to share that with the S4 community soon.

It is cool seeing how even though we all had a little disappointing shock about the Facebook voting thing, this thread is not turning vile and we can debate and have fun doing so.

(Not all threads are so lucky)

Thanks to all.

• If the developers are leaving the final decision of what costumes win to the players, I have a feeling a lot of good ideas will be dismissed because most S4 players unfortunately don't like change (to anything).

Besides that, good luck to all who participated.

Unfortunately the change is not tie with for this event. People are more welcome for new sets. Ideas from these contest. Aren't going be dismiss. Even if one isn't chosen. The devs can always go back to this thread and pick some ideas for future sets.

• Will the winners be announced on this thread or the Facebook posts?

I wonder if all the votes have counted yet.

I know it hasn't been that long but It feels like we've been waiting for a while for some kind of news.

C'mon developers, let's see the results please.

• leaving the reasons aside why you're not able to see the facebook post, you'll have to contact a community manager directly for that. They'll be able to tell you more but we will announce the results here over everything ^^

• Is there a time frame for when we can expect the results to be shown on here?

On Facebook, no new comments have been said regarding it.

I tend to check the forums and Facebook every day just to see if anything new has been said or in hope that the results are there, but so far, nothing new.

It's torture being held in suspense. lol

• Is there a time frame for when we can expect the results to be shown on here?

On Facebook, no new comments have been said regarding it.

I tend to check the forums and Facebook every day just to see if anything new has been said or in hope that the results are there, but so far, nothing new.

It's torture being held in suspense. lol

#soon is the staff meta weapon, and it's super effective.

#Soon.png

^ Our response every time.

And yeah..not sure what's taking them, but maybe it's that they've seen our feedback and are trying to consider the votes more carefully? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

All we can do is wait for now.

• Yeah, you're right. If it means them taking a little longer to pick out the winners due to our feedback on the Facebook voting system, then I shouldn't complain about it any longer.

I guess it's a relief to think think they're putting alot of thought and consideration into this event.

However, I hope our feedback didn't put them off of doing more creative contests in the near future. lol

We still wish for new content. XD

(No more watching the clock/ calendar) : D

So because I havent made an anime, drawned a manga or made a movie, it means I am not allowed to criticize it?
    Also if the people cant handle my suggestion of "be unique", "be origininal", "do something different", then I dont know how they expect to win an artwork contest...