Touchdown Mode in the School

• Days
    Hours
    Minutes
    Seconds

XU5s6IU.jpg

Our #HappyHour weekend events continue.

This weekend play Touchdown mode on a Old School, get some high rewards and have fun!

HowtoParticipateam22.png

Play Touchdown mode on Old School map.

Prizesam22.png

Participation reward: 10K PEN

3 Random Costume Capsules + 30K PEN per Hour

Rewards will be sent within a week after the event.

We will announce once they have been sent out, so please be patient.

Whenam22.png

The event starts on Friday 1st of june at 22:00 and runs until Sunday 3rd of June 23:59 CEST time.

Rulesam22.png

• Touchdown mode only on Old School map
    • Rewards for max 3 hours.
    • No cheating, no hacking, no rule breaking!
  • Or you can also wait for the event to be over. I'm not looking forward to a match queue system and the load of problems it usually brings (mainly, unbalanced teams and long wait time).

There is lack of unlimited rooms even when there is no event.

Also most rooms are clan stacks anyway. How bad it could it be?

Long waiting times? I wait 30 mins just for someone to join in and then everyone race who can get in first once when the match is in progress.

• There is lack of unlimited rooms even when there is no event.

Also most rooms are clan stacks anyway. How bad it could it be?

Long waiting times? I wait 30 mins just for someone to join in and then everyone race who can get in first once when the match is in progress.

I get unlimited games I'm interested in pretty fast (that includes avoiding stackers), faster even than OW's match making speed.

And there are many more people playing Overwatch.

I've never played a game with a good match making system. Like, in Overwatch you can't choose to avoid certain maps you can't even choose the mode (what do I do if I hate 2CP but I want to play payload?). In Titanfall 2 the game isn't going to be created unless it's full or something, so you can end up waiting for an hour or more because there are never quite enough people who want to play the one game mode that you like, since they stop trying to queue when they see that it's not working, when you'd be fine just starting the game as a 3v3 for example (it was also the case in Lawbreakers). And let's not talk about Team Fortress 2's matchmaking update.

I also think it's important for the sake of improvement that you don't always play against opponents that have more or less the same amount of skill as you do. Playing against better players makes you aware of what you lack, and playing against worse players allows you get away with trying new things, and potentially having a larger range of weapons you're comfortable with using as a result.

• I receive only the random caps but no pen

I think they were delivered but were added to the total pen.

I still prefer the other method so I can know what I have got and what haven't.

I also think it's important for the sake of improvement that you don't always play against opponents that have more or less the same amount of skill as you do. Playing against better players makes you aware of what you lack, and playing against worse players allows you get away with trying new things, and potentially having a larger range of weapons you're comfortable with using as a result.

Technically s4 has shuffle function to balance the teams by different ways and it can be used for quick play queue system. Even though it is still not very good, there isn't other option even for the current rooms considering ppl like to stack anyway.

• Technically s4 has shuffle function to balance the teams by different ways and it can be used for quick play queue system. Even though it is still not very good, there isn't other option even for the current rooms considering ppl like to stack anyway.

My experience with shuffling is that most of the time I have to do it several times in order to get teams that I consider balanced. I wouldn't trust the shuffle button with balancing my games.

I share your dislike for stackers, but to say that most people are stacking seems to me like an exaggeration. It would mean that there are more people stacking than people who don't, and from my experience it is inaccurate.

The issue with match-making and stacking is that given that S4 league's community is small and divided, stackers would often end up either facing random non-stackers or not getting a game in 1 hour of queuing if there is no other team of stackers to fight them (Which isn't acceptable, they just want to play with their friends).

Right now it's pretty fair in that you can choose whether or not you play against stackers (I remember when I used to be in a TD clan, we'd crash other people's stacked rooms and turn them into clan wars just like that), and if they don't get anybody who wants to fight them some of them can just switch teams to start the match (which I wish they did more often, it's more interesting that way).

Another issue with match-making is that in small games it cannot exist as an alternative to custom lobbies, since it would divide the community further. And matchmaking cannot offer me the same amount of choice as the lobby selection screen (in my case: mode, map, number of players, if DM no heal/MS, can I join an ongoing match in which friends are playing, is there a game with people that are interesting to fight against, the ability to change teams to make the game more balanced, and what is my order of priority). And I bet other people have other habits. There is no way a match-making system can accommodate for all of its players' habits.

From what you've said I think you want some (if not most) of those choices to be forced on people, because you wouldn't mind not having them. But to me, it would just seem like an insult to my intelligence. I can choose which games I'm interested in just fine, I don't need nor do I want an algorithm making those decisions for me.