[Suggestion] Melee rebalance project

• Do you agree? 14

1. Yes (2) 14%
    2. No (9) 64%
    3. Yes, but i have a little objections (2) 14%
    4. No, but i agree with some postulates (1) 7%

Better balance = less CPD rooms, less weapon restrictions, less banned weapons

latest?cb=20120502141348latest?cb=20110117235559No needed changes

latest?cb=20110506161510Whirlwind: Increase damage 14/24/34 --> 20/30/40.

Reason: Underpowered, very weak attack, easy to be blocked.

200?cb=20110624124352Right attack: Decrease damage 50/25/62,5 --> 50/25/25. Add 20 SP consume. Recompense this by increase of range of normal attack by 25%.

Reason: Overpowered, abused, often it kills with 1 hit and is too easy to spam. Yes for powerfull from close range but no for 1 hit kill. 100 damage from close is enough.

We shouldn't spam by dagger so much

latest?cb=20140112140206Normal attack damage 15/30 --> 30/15. 30 damage before dash, 15 damage after dash.

Reason: Lower damage for non-precision attacks from far.

Jump attack is easy to hit,

250?cb=20130813171421 Normal attack damage 60--->40; Jump attack: Add 20 SP consume and Blow effect, increase delay time by 500ms //OR// damage 45--->20 + Stun.

Reason: Normal attack overpovered. Jump attack needs a blow or stun. Blow prevents against spam. If stun will be added it needs a very low damage

250?cb=20120703065605250?cb=20120703062853250?cb=20131004120007No needed changes at this moment

Reason: Katana is a little spammable weapon but the damages are balanced correctly

Sigma is powerfull but with many restrictions and SP usage.

Scythe is little powerfull but not so much compared to other weapons. Maybe it should be nerfed but it's not important at this moment.

latest?cb=20150205171605Normal attack: Replace 3-combo by single kick-attack with blow effect like in stormbat with 30 damage.

Jump attack: Damage 45--->30 (crytical 90--->60)

Reason: Normal attack useless and underpowered. We need something similar like stormbat. It's a boots it should kick players off.

Jump attack was created like counter sword's jump attack and it should has identical damages like counter.

latest?cb=20150412030822No needed changes at this moment

latest?cb=20140112155547All damages increased by 50%. No SP usage at Strong and Jump attack. Maybe a little stun at strong attack.

Reason: Useless weapon, its nearly impossible to kill with it.

And

It won't make this weapon overpovered.

• I agree that most of the weapons need change but some of them needs change beyond just damage numbers. They needs rework too.

The right click scythe for example is not ok at all. It provides too much mobility without having a real conter.

The boots need to have some speed reduction and improved combat abilities. They are usless for anything but scoring TDs.

Those are just 2 examples.

• I agree that most of the weapons need change but some of them needs change beyond just damage numbers. They needs rework too.

The right click scythe for example is not ok at all. It provides too much mobility without having a real conter.

The boots need to have some speed reduction and improved combat abilities. They are usless for anything but scoring TDs.

Those are just 2 examples.

I agree but we need to start from the most important

• Problem is all you and we see is numbers, we dont know how they are calculated or what algorithm is behind them until we get some official weapon analytics, we cant really judge on what could be nerfed or buffed, right now all we have is use experience .

Also we can say that some weapons have advantage upon another like what hella mentioned the EXO upper cut, but the CS counters it well, also it could give enemies an advantage too as they wil be lifted in air, where they could just block further incoming attacks or etc.. the boots speed is something that no other weapon has, but I like how the weapons are different and in my opinion after playing in OS for more than 8 years, that they are good now

People who learnt how to play against most of if not all of the weapons and found a good counter for all of them or even learnt how to play with most of the weapons on a master level, they don`t feel such a balance is required. There are a lot players stuck with CPD and they will struggle against all weapons and only see a spam room with confusion that makes no sense for them. Im really not pointing out anyone here, but the only weapon changes I would say would be considerable is the under rated attacks such as bat right click, vital, TB is interesting, but other can stay.

• Problem is all you and we see is numbers, we dont know how they are calculated or what algorithm is behind them until we get some official weapon analytics, we cant really judge on what could be nerfed or buffed, right now all we have is use experience .

Also we can say that some weapons have advantage upon another like what hella mentioned the EXO upper cut, but the CS counters it well, also it could give enemies an advantage too as they wil be lifted in air, where they could just block further incoming attacks or etc.. the boots speed is something that no other weapon has, but I like how the weapons are different and in my opinion after playing in OS for more than 8 years, that they are good now

People who learnt how to play against most of if not all of the weapons and found a good counter for all of them or even learnt how to play with most of the weapons on a master level, they don`t feel such a balance is required. There are a lot players stuck with CPD and they will struggle against all weapons and only see a spam room with confusion that makes no sense for them. Im really not pointing out anyone here, but the only weapon changes I would say would be considerable is the under rated attacks such as bat right click, vital, TB is interesting, but other can stay.

Really Vital is so underpowered that anyone would kill vital shock's player 2-3 times before he did.

• No, cpd best

Im not going to judge anyone, you play the way you want, but you only limit yourself by not allowing urself to train agianst other weapons to maybe get better at it or learn counter them. We have weapons here to use, not to make a rule for them and bann them.

Tell me more about old bat and old rebalance

It was about 2 years ago now, I couldn`t find the post for you, so it would be hard to recap now, as it feels normal nowadays.

• Im not going to judge anyone, you play the way you want, but you only limit yourself by not allowing urself to train agianst other weapons to maybe get better at it or learn counter them. We have weapons here to use, not to make a rule for them and bann them.

It was about 2 years ago now, I couldn`t find the post for you, so it would be hard to recap now, as it feels normal nowadays.

2 years ago they only changed a little range of bat

• cs revenge remove stun,katana charge attack hitbox fix,dagger special attack hitbox fix(just the last 2ticks of dmg hitbox),and why arent ppl trying to rebalance guns too instead of just focusing on melee when this is a SHOOTER game??

• 2 years ago they only changed a little range of bat

No there were a HUUUGE melee balance,

cs revenge remove stun,katana charge attack hitbox fix,dagger special attack hitbox fix(just the last 2ticks of dmg hitbox),and why arent ppl trying to rebalance guns too instead of just focusing on melee when this is a SHOOTER game??

I think because in melee scenarios balancing could go very wrong quickly, as on guns, you shooting bullets not a big deal to cut down its damage. Melee is more complicated to balance and get it right.