[Suggestion] Room setting#2 (limitations)

• Hello, lovely community,

We all know that our most fav game's rooms' titles are not meant to be saying limitations for weapons, but if people decide to limit their rooms against certain weapons, skills or game mechanics, then why not think about an option for it within the room settings tab.

In my mind this would be presented by having 2 lists that contains all weapons (based on the selected mode guns/unli/swords), and having the option for the first list to pick certain weapons to bann for the room or only those 3 certain weapons to pick to play with in the other selection list. This would give our titles back while still allowing the people who would like to limit rooms.

Any thoughts?

Alkous #noruledewae8)8)8);):evil::evil:

• yea. Personally I am against weapon limitations, so having the option not to change title at all would make sense too :). What I always say to people is, if you only limit rooms because you can't play with oe against the rest of the weapons it shouls be your own problem, no reason to punish others. They are part of the game for a reason, also anyone can submit a ticket regarding a nerf or a buff of a weapon. X(X(  Alkous #cpdnofnorampnostunnozee:D:D

• Why not just remove the options of changing the room name entirely? C:

I knew one other game that had feature for disabling weapons and guess what happened to it: it got shut down.

Yeah, I disagree with limiting weapons. However, titles seems a bit too strict.

yea. Personally I am against weapon limitations, so having the option not to change title at all would make sense too :). What I always say to people is, if you only limit rooms because you can't play with oe against the rest of the weapons it shouls be your own problem, no reason to punish others. They are part of the game for a reason, also anyone can submit a ticket regarding a nerf or a buff of a weapon. X(X(  Alkous #cpdnofnorampnostunnozee:D:D

Well, yeah they are limiting their capabilities and that's why most of them tend to fail during tournaments. Therefore, there inst any competitive scene right now. Pain  ;(;(;(

1z3t2ix.png                                                           raork1.png                                                                                    2hrna6e.png

S4DB   

Youtube

S4LeaguePictures

• It's not about being incapable of dealing with other weps , But OS weapons are absolutely unbalanced , Like just look at the mechanism of the BR attack Woah man. Just 3 or 4 Hits would bluntly Knock you down regardless of its inconceivable range
    - I'm not saying Weapons limitation is a necessity but It wasn't a wacky option back in the days.

• It's not about being incapable of dealing with other weps , But OS weapons are absolutely unbalanced , Like just look at the mechanism of the BR attack Woah man. Just 3 or 4 Hits would bluntly Knock you down regardless of its inconceivable range
    - I'm not saying Weapons limitation is a necessity but It wasn't a wacky option back in the days.

Ur wrong. BR is the easiest weapon to play against. Try to avoid sigma as much. Every people has their weaknesses, playing more and learning new ways to counter them will help you a lot. I disagree with you.

• Ur wrong. BR is the easiest weapon to play against. Try to avoid sigma as much. Every people has their weaknesses, playing more and learning new ways to counter them will help you a lot. I disagree with you.

Welp as I'm a PS/Bat player It's the other way around for me.
    BR is the easiest when the User is a headless spammer
    My point is not dealing with the User but The differences and features between each wep :rolleyes:
    Put a bat user in a 3v3 Match against a Bunch of Brk users Or other weps like Sigma
    Suffer is real.

• well not if you know how to play against it and use the bat well enough, I have a friend whonis confortable to play with a bat against all those other weapons without a problem. Its really a personal thing, nothing about the weapons

• 1. br is just stupid with its animation on the normal attack you literally need to stunlock him or he will just do 2 normal attacks and simply kill you.
    2. cs revenge should not stun and there is no reason for it to be stunning people upon defending the hit,it's a "counter sword" in my opinion its just a shield with a dagger i see nothing in the weapons' ability that can be said is actually "countering" any attacks,as it is now its basicly a blocking stun sword pls rename it to that.
    3. back to the main topic,i think melee just need a major overhaul on their hitbox,interval of attacks and how some weapon works like cs as example.

• well not if you know how to play against it and use the bat well enough, I have a friend whonis confortable to play with a bat against all those other weapons without a problem. Its really a personal thing, nothing about the weapons

It's not about being incapable of dealing with other weps , But OS weapons are absolutely unbalanced , Like just look at the mechanism of the BR attack Woah man. Just 3 or 4 Hits would bluntly Knock you down regardless of its inconceivable range

Okay , I'll say it again '' It's not about dealing with the user but the weapon itself ''

For instance , Can you even compare the CS features to the bat ????
    Bat makes you purely armless , No defense advantage at all On other hand look at the cs , You can do the revenge , Jump attack on a surface when you're swept outta the map , Comet , The incredible displacement It takes when you surge the CS at some direction to Fool your opponent ??
    CS is an essential wep now and It's getting a bit warded off , But tell me about the other Spam weps with their Formidable Damage and Range ?
    Sorry but a Newbie or someone beginning the game would definitely Suffer to get adapted Unlike before he doesn't stand an ounce of a chance tbh.

Btw , I'm not talking about myself , I have been 8 years PS/BAT/DAG player no change , and I got completely accustomed to it.

• I suggest they add new weapons. The weapons we have are great but like they get old, sure you have multiple skins you can choose from but I would like to see a new weapon. That's just my opinion.

I agree! You just have to know how to with the weapon.

• To begin with the "sword only" mode is a secondary limited mode itself. So don't even start such a thread... (I wonder how many threads I already saw with this dumb suggestion)

Talking about "competentive scene" without playing the game how it is used to be is just sad.
    Banning weapons in the roomtitle is no rule to begin with so go in with whatever you want.

But no you are going to get Votekicked for it. So Votekick is the problem.

• To begin with the "sword only" mode is a secondary limited mode itself. So don't even start such a thread... (I wonder how many threads I already saw with this dumb suggestion)

Talking about "competentive scene" without playing the game how it is used to be is just sad.
    Banning weapons in the roomtitle is no rule to begin with so go in with whatever you want.

But no you are going to get Votekicked for it. So Votekick is the problem.

You can say whatever you want, but you cant change the fact that the sword mode is the dominant mode throughout the s4league for years now! Gun mode is more for fun in this game :) whoever wants to play an fps shooter will play some other game and all of you gunners can say blabla ur wrong blablabla, but there is only future for swords and guns are just to chill and shoot bullets around in a FM game. Lets stop denying the facts here. We will make the competetive scene on swords and write new meta on s4, gun is the past baby. If you dont believe me you will see soon. Peace :thumbup::thumbup::)

• You can say whatever you want, but you cant change the fact that the sword mode is the dominant mode throughout the s4league for years now! Gun mode is more for fun in this game :) whoever wants to play an fps shooter will play some other game and all of you gunners can say blabla ur wrong blablabla, but there is only future for swords and guns are just to chill and shoot bullets around in a FM game. Lets stop denying the facts here. We will make the competetive scene on swords and write new meta on s4, gun is the past baby. If you dont believe me you will see soon. Peace :thumbup::thumbup::)

Sure it is the dominant mode but S4 League was not intent to play like this. What the hell are you writing. People who wanna play an fps are gonna play an other game because S4 League is no fps lel. Just for your info fps means first person shooter. Maybe you should google that. What facts? You just post some random stuff. It's like: Every DM sword only room is a Jumproom...
    Yeah can't wait to see this new meta soon. Contact me any time you think this happened xD

• No need just open ur eyes mate :P s4 is meant to play the way the community is and the way we form the game, not how someone thought its gonna be 9 years ago. nothing to prove to you either, guns and unli are only gonna stay for fun part of the game, u just have to accept, but haters gonna hate anyway. No more comment on this.

• No need just open ur eyes mate :P s4 is meant to play the way the community is and the way we form the game, not how someone thought its gonna be 9 years ago. nothing to prove to you either, guns and unli are only gonna stay for fun part of the game, u just have to accept, but haters gonna hate anyway. No more comment on this.

Don't worry. I can clearly see that you are a dumb. Yeah sure a game is meant to be played the way the community is but doesn't change the fact that the mode is limited so it is a secondary mode like guns only and not how it was intended to play.
    So you say a game, something that is intended for having fun is only in S4 League possible in guns and unlimited. Okay. You sure know what you write.

Sure I hate this mode soo freaking much because I wrote that it is a secondary mode :rolleyes:

• pain is acting more and more like a kid lol.gun is still the main thing the devs will be going forward to since its a tps based game no matter what the community will say its still a shooter based game.

• The game bacame sword only cuz the devs pushed it that way discouraging any use of unlimited rules. It didn't help that it was marketed as a sword game for so long either. Maybe I shoudl make a video some day to explain how all of it started and how we ended up here.

But anyway. If you just allow the players to limit every single weapon, they will limit even more weapons than what they can fit in a room title.

Weapon limits not only hurts the gameplay variety but sells too. If one weapon is forbidden in many rooms, no one will buy it and the devs will just keep making skins for the same 3 weapons cuz they are the only onese that sells.

• Oh, look, this... again... thousands of times it has been suggested, across all 4 forums we have had (Alaplaya, P7S1, Old Aeria and now on the new one). When will it end? Never? Well, let me tell you, it isn't going to happen. It is bad enough having SO be officially recognized, never mind throwing in additional limitations.

Also, if you are going to complain about SO's balance, it is balanced to unlimited, or rather, melee is balanced in unlimited. Breaker may be OP when you don't have range, but it is you who chooses not to play with range, is that the games fault? If you are going to sit there and say SO is somehow superior and then complain about the balance of it, I find that hypocritical.

As far as competitive, if the only way you can be competitive is by limiting what others do to suit your own style, then you aren't playing a competitive match, you are an amateur, sitting there making the game easier is not being competitive, it is being weak.

• Oh, look, this... again... thousands of times it has been suggested, across all 4 forums we have had (Alaplaya, P7S1, Old Aeria and now on the new one). When will it end? Never? Well, let me tell you, it isn't going to happen. It is bad enough having SO be officially recognized, never mind throwing in additional limitations.

Also, if you are going to complain about SO's balance, it is balanced to unlimited, or rather, melee is balanced in unlimited. Breaker may be OP when you don't have range, but it is you who chooses not to play with range, is that the games fault? If you are going to sit there and say SO is somehow superior and then complain about the balance of it, I find that hypocritical.

As far as competitive, if the only way you can be competitive is by limiting what others do to suit your own style, then you aren't playing a competitive match, you are an amateur, sitting there making the game easier is not being competitive, it is being weak.

200.gif

• I suggest they add new weapons. The weapons we have are great but like they get old, sure you have multiple skins you can choose from but I would like to see a new weapon. That's just my opinion.

In my opinion there's no need for new weapons, almost everybody is using the same weapons, so getting new ones I don't think that could make a diference.

Going back to the topic, I'm agree with Hella_Hell , we shouldn't have titles at all or something like that if it's only 'NO br/bomb/ib/hmg/rg/whatever'... as a def player and not user of rg, I learnt how to avoid it so I don't think why other couldn't (with other weaps).

It's annoying playing against weapons you hate? Yes. But its more annoying being all rooms with ban titles.

• Short Answer

No, I don't want a feature that gives the complainers what they want.

Long Answer

Edit: Now removing the Room Name feature as Hella said, I'd be all for that. It'd do more than just prevent "No X weapons" rooms, but it'd also prevent people from creating rude or insulting title names like "X player is ez", or "X player fears".

• Better because I prefer that no changes be made and finish a game in 3 minutes in TD Pass mode. It has nothing to do with what you say but it is the same as limiting something.